Monday, January 12, 2009

Running in the dark

I ended up having a number of meetings after church this week that kept us there for a couple of hours. We set the boys loose in the cultural hall to let them entertain them selves. I had finished, and Jess and I were chatting with some friends when we heard Raiden's unmistakable howl of pain. I ran in to the room the find the lights off and told Raiden to come to the door. He walked towards the light with his hand extended and I saw that it was covered in blood. Before looking him over any further I picked him up and ran him to the bathroom to wash him off and assess the damages. It wasn't until I stood him in front of the mirror That I realized what he had really done.

A gash lay open just above his eye.

Dad: What happened?

Raiden: (Sobbing) I ran into the piano.

Dad: Didn't you see it?

Raiden: No, we were playing hide'n seek in the dark.

Dad: Maybe that wasn't a very good idea.

Raiden: Why not?

We got him off to the hospital where he received 6 stitches from a doctor that Raiden promptly declared to be too old to be a doctor. That brings Raiden's stitch tally to 27... and counting.

2 comments:

Aaron Smith said...

At least they aren't afraid of the dark, or pianos ;)

Chellor said...

Good point Aaron! I love seeing picutres of you boys. They all look like they are 25 years old!